The Mysteries of the Desert
knows the country like we do! Travelling in a group or independently, we can show you the real Morocco. From Marrakech, you will discover the authentic and original journey aboard Land Cruiser for the discoveries and emotions far from the beaten track.
Join one of our 4x4 safaris and drive across exciting landscapes of mountains and desert - discover the sights and sounds of this exotic culture. We travel along tracks and ancient camel routes to the heart of true Morocco – to a land where time seems to have stood still. If you prefer to travel independently, we can design your own tailor made holiday. We can give you a full itinerary, book all your accommodation, provide local guides, and organise vehicles for you - with or without a driver. If you want to combine a 4x4 adventure with city sight-seeing, trekking in the Atlas or time on the beach - we can provide the program for you…
The Mysteries of the Desert- 5 days/ 4 nights
The 4x4 is an ideal way to discover the great diversity landscapes of the Moroccan great south. Treat yourself to authentic walks with a vehicle designed to take you with every comfort in the most remote places. Discover the mythical valley of the Draa and strings of oases. The ergs and sand dunes of the south of Morocco you open a vast naked in which you can not surely stay without emotion. Further, the high valleys of the Atlas in the transhumance land...
- The great valleys of the south of Morocco. Dadès, Draa, the High Atlas and the Anti Atlas.
- Gorges of Todra and Dadès.
- The agrarian and pastoral life, linked to a centuries-old tradition.
- Desert landscapes.
- On the path of dromedary desert caravan
- The beauty of desert sun set and the awesome sun rise.
- Dinner and lodging in a bivouac in the middle of the desert.
- The authentic face of the Sahara with its Kasbahs and ksours.
- A real track to discover the real Morocco.
Day 1: Marrakech – Telouat – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate
Early morning, departure from Marrakech by our 4WD. After few way moment, appears very beautiful scenery of small villages built in tiers succeed among oak trees, walnut groves and oleander bushes. The road snakes up before arriving at the spectacular Tizi n Tichka’s pass reaching 2260 m.
Just after the pass, we take the off-road for about 20 kilometres among deserted hills. The village of Telouet comes as a surprise dominated by the imposing ruins of the Kasbah. Which was once the main residence of the ‘ Lord of the Atlas’ – Pacha El Glaoui , used to accommodate his court, the stables, a Mosque and countless slaves at a time when the man was ruling his own kingdom from Marrakech to Agadir and all the way east to the Sahara desert.
Visit of the Kasbah in Telouet, then tracks to Ait Ben-Haddou via Assif Ounila valley with its Berber villages… we reach the magnificently exotic Kasbah and ksour of Aït Ben Haddou, declared as World Heritage Site from UNESCO. Here we alight from our vehicle to visit these various Kasbahs, so closely-knit that they appear to be, but one complete building, backed up against the looming mountain in a stretch of unforgiving Hammada. The thick, high, sheer, elaborately decorated as a cob wall, stepped-up housing, turreted, crenulated ramparts, balustrades and arched 'babs' which are a sight not to be missed. Obviously, here Hollywood has shot many of its films, including, as everyone will tell you: the Mommy, Gladiator, 7 days in Tibet, Babel, Alexander…Reaching Ouarzazate, for those of you who are interested; a visit to the impressive Atlas Film Studios can be arranged.
We’ll drive to the 100 year old Kasbah Taourirt for a quick visit of this complex of courtyards, a maze of richly decorated rooms, alleyways and crenulated towers. Dinner and overnight in Ouarzazate.
Distance: 220 Km, off-road: 35 Km
Lunch: Ait Ben Haddou
- Privileged accommodation: Dar Daif or similar
- Economical accommodation: Les Jardins de Ouarzazate or similar
Day 2: Ouarzazate – Agdez – Draa Valley – Zagora
Departure in the morning from Ouarzazate by 4x4 to Agdez passing over the Tizi-n-Tinfifite Mountain passes (1660m). After a pause for a glass of tea or morning coffee in Agdez, we take off- road. This allows a better view of the valley, passing the gardens, oases and Kasbahs between the Draa River and mountains. Back on the paved road again, we stop at Kasbah Tamnougalte for tea/coffee break. This Kasbah is the oldest in the Draa’s valley which still partly inhabited. You could wander round and explore the Kasbah with a guide if you wish. Lunch, then continuation to Zagora, the largest oasis in the Draa valley well known especially for its Dates.
We carry on to Tamegroute with a visit to the Koranic Library and the local potteries, which produce all the green pottery that you will see in the south. Dinner and overnight in Zagora.
Distance: 165 Km Total, off-road: 22 Km
- Privileged accommodation: Riad Lamane or similar
- Economical accommodation: La Perle de Draa or similar
Day 3: Zagora – M’hamid – Chegaga’s Dunes
After morning breakfast, we will take the direction to the sand dunes of Erg Chegaga. Here you will experience the desert; discover nomadic life and the magic of starry night.
Stones are soon replaced by sand, which piles up in higher and higher mounds to their climax at Chegaga, the highest dunes in Morocco. Sunset and sunrise views from these dunes across the stereotypical sea of sand to the south are unforgettable.
Regarding our timing, we can have a short camel trek (optional). Berber dinner and overnight under Nomadic tents.
Distance: 150 Km Total, off-road: 65 Km
- Accommodation 1 and 2: Chez Najib Bivouac or similar
Day 4: Chegaga – Medouer – Foum Zguid
Wake up in the morning to enjoy sunrise in Chegaga Dunes. After breakfast we leave to Foum Zguid passing through some local nomads who still live in tents. Then visit to Iriqui dry lake and the desert plateau of Akassia. Lunch snack in the Oasis. Continuation to Foum Zguid. Dinner and overnight in Foum Zguid.
Distance: 300 km 120 Km off-road
- Accommodation1 and 2: Bab Rimal or similar
Day 5: Foum Zguid – Taznakht – Marrakech
After the breakfast, departures to Marrakech by the Tizi N-Tichka pass.
Distance: 204 Km Total, off-road: 35 Km
Lunch: Ait Ben Haddou
- Transportation with 4x4 with a personal driver including gas and driver's fees.
- Accommodation 4 nights based on daily half board. Our priorities in selecting accommodation are: the authenticity, the comfort and the quality of service.
- Monuments entrance fees.
- Full board is supplied during the tour, and vegetarian food is available.
- Camel riding.
- The accompaniment of tourists own language speaking guide / driver during the circuit, a national certified guide for a group of more than 8 persons.
- All taxes.
- International Airfare
- The transfer from Moroccan cities or airports to Marrakech: If you want a member of our staff comes to receive you wherever you are: a supplement is then charged.
- The extra cost of meals
- All the drinks
- The optional suggested excursions (to reserve and to pay on the spot).
- The optional tips
- Under 2 years of age are free of charge
- 3 to 11 years old: 50% discount
- 12 years old and up: full cost
- The meeting place in Marrakesh will be communicated to you after the definitive confirmation of your reservation
- The pick up will be provided for Hotels/ Riads situated in the heart of the Medina.
For further information or Reservation, feel free to get in touch with us: Contact